Chicken Breast Adobo. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste.
I used a Chinese technique called velveting to get the chicken silky, tender, and juicy. Chicken Breasts Philippine Adobo StyleBon Appétit. scallions, garlic cloves, bone-in chicken breasts, light Chunky Adobo Sofrito ChickenHellmann's. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, green bell. I added some chicken breast as well but found that it was too strongly flavored so next time I'll either use all darkmeat or cut the vinegar a little. You can have Chicken Breast Adobo using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Breast Adobo
- You need 2 lbs of Chicken breast.
- You need of Marinade:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of rice wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 2 of egg whites.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of white sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of For cooking:.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Chopped scallions.
- You need 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of cane vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 pc of star anise.
- It’s 3 pcs of bay leaf.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s of Slurry:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
Chicken Adobo – crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot. You can use any parts of the chicken: breasts, thighs, legs or wings. I used chicken thighs for this recipe and yields. Chicken adobo is one of the most famous and talked-about dishes in Filipino cuisine.
Chicken Breast Adobo instructions
- Cut chicken into thin slices and marinate for 1 hr.
- In a bowl, combine light soy sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, chicken broth, star anise, bay leaf, mix well and set aside.
- Drain marinated chicken and blanch in a pot of simmering water for 2 mins, drain.
- In a pan, saute ginger and garlic with oil, and add the ground black pepper and scallions.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and simmer for 5 mins to eliminate vinegar sour.
- Add brown sugar and chicken and simmer again for 5 mins uncovered, add the slurry and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!.
It's great for people with a very busy schedule and who like simple meals that are quick and easy to prepare. Chicken adobo recipe is the most popular Filipino dish worldwide. Chicken adobo is perfect for anyone who doesn't want to spend too much time to cook, yet delicious and appeal to everyone. Filipino Adobo Chicken – Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic. Not only is it so easy to make, but because it's incredibly flavorful and my kids love it!