You can have Mushroom Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Soup
- Prepare of Chinese Dried Mushrooms,.
- You need of Unsalted Butter,.
- Prepare of Yellow Onion Finely Sliced,.
- It’s of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled Finely Sliced,.
- Prepare of Shiitake Mushrooms Finely Sliced,.
- It’s of Swiss Brown Button Mushrooms,.
- It’s of Leeks White and Light Green Parts Only Coarsely Sliced,.
- You need of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- It’s of Vermouth / White Wine,.
- You need of Vegetable Stock,.
- Prepare of Heavy Cream,.
- You need of Whole Milk,.
- You need of Sea Salt,.
- You need of Black Pepper,.
- It’s of Cayenne,.
- You need of Parsley Finely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Mushroom Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 160 degree celsius or 320 fahrenheit. Wack the dried mushrooms into the oven and roast until aromatic. Remove from oven. Transfer dried mushrooms into a spice blender..
- Blitz until powder form. Set aside. In a sauce pot over medium heat, add butter. Once butter has completely melted, add in onion and potatoes..
- Saute until the onions are translucent and the potatoes are soft. The potatoes should be soft enuff to be broken easily by a spatula. Add in mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms start to caramelize..
- Add in leeks and garlic. Saute until aromatic. Deglaze the pot with vermouth, scrapping all the brown bites at the bottom of the pot. Add in vegetable stock and stir to combine well..
- Bring it up to a simmer. Reduce the heat down to low. Add in cream and milk. Stir to combine well..
- Continue cooking for about 5 mins. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt, pepper and cayenne. Slowly and carefully transfer into a blender. *You may reserve some mushroom slices for garnishing later. You may also have to do it in batches.*.
- Blitz until smooth. Return the soup back into the pot. Set aside. To serve, transfer soup into serving bowl. Garnish with the dried mushroom powder and parsley..