Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks.
Use melted butter in this chocolate chip cookie recipe. Most of the cookies on my website call for creaming softened butter with the sugars. Chewy oatmeal cookies packed with walnuts and chocolate chips are easy to make, and your family will love the combination of flavors. You can cook Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- It’s 2 stick of butter (melted).
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of bread flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar (dark if possible).
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 of whole egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cup of chocolate chips.
I modified Beatrice's Excellent Oatmeal cookies very slightly. I came up with something that my boyfriend went CRAZY over! Chocolate chip cookies are considered by some to be one of the best types of cookies around. If you're looking for a chewy cookie rather than a crunchy one, you will love the cookies made following.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Sift together flour, salt & baking soda.
- Add melted butter to mixing bowl, mix in sugar.
- Slowly add the previously sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Mix in whole egg & egg yolk, milk & vanilla.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Chill mixture (about 30 minutes in the refrigerator).
- Scoop onto a baking sheet Bake at 375 for 9 to 15 minutes.
- Return the unused batter to the refigerator to chill until the next batch goes in.
Classic chocolate chip cookies made without the dairy butter, milk or eggs! I have TONS of vegan cookie recipes on this site, but this is my favourite recipe for classic chocolate chip cookies. They are every bit as chewy, chocolatey and delicious as regular chocolate chip cookies and the good news. I use butter and eggs right out of the refrigerator so the dough stays cool and the cookies maintain their thickness during baking; I also use ungreased cookie sheets. Chocolate chip cookies are a go-to favorite dessert, sweet snack, or after-school treat.