The best chewy chocolate chip cookies. There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor.
Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie. It's not the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I'll use, but when you want a "big, fat, chewy cookie," this is awesome. For the cookies to stay chewy, they need to be left on the cookie sheet until cool. You can have The best chewy chocolate chip cookies using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The best chewy chocolate chip cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup (100 g) of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup (165 g) of brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup (115 g) of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups (155 g) of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 4 oz (110 g) of milk or semi-sweet chocolate chunks.
- Prepare 4 oz (110 g) of dark chocolate chunk, or your preference.
It is seriously the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever! I have been making these for many, many years and everyone who tries them agrees they're out-of-this-world delicious! These are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight.
The best chewy chocolate chip cookies instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps..
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture..
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to overmix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies)..
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be..
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown..
- Cool completely before serving..
Get all the best Tasty recipes in your inbox! Sign up for the Tasty newsletter today! Chocolate chip cookies are a household favorite, a timeless classic, an unparalleled snack, warm, cold, dunked in milk, in dough form, or in baked form. Like many of you, I've searched far and wide for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe: the best chocolate chip cookies, a recipe I can bake. Paired with the right amount of semisweet chocolate chips, this treat is a definite winner.