Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting.
You can cook Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting
- You need 6 of eggs at room temperature.
- It’s 3 sticks of salted butter at room temperature.
- You need 8 oz of sour cream at room temperature.
- You need 3 cups of cake flour, sifted twice.
- It’s 3 cups of sugar, sifted twice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of butter flavor.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 pint of heavy cream.
- It’s 10 oz of semisweet chocolate.
- You need 1 tsp of almond flavor.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped almonds.
Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting step by step
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy..
- Add eggs one at a time making sure to blend well after each egg..
- Add vanilla and butter favors..
- Mix baking soda with sifted flour..
- Add half of the flour to the butter and sugar and blend well..
- Add the sour cream and blend well..
- Add remaining flour and blend until light and fluffy..
- Grease and flour bunds cake pan. Pour batter into pan and bake in a oven preheated to 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours..
- Test for doneness by inserting a cake pick into the middle of cake..
- FROSTING: Heat heavy cream just to a boil..
- Break chocolate into pieces, add to cream and stir until melted..
- Add almond flavor..
- Let cool at room temperature. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes..
- Whisk until thickened to a spreadable consistency. Spread over entire cake and sprinkle with chopped almonds. Yummy !.
- Please note: all ingredients should be at room temperature, flour and sugar should be sifted twice for best density and height results..