Red velvet and chocolate sponge cake.
You can cook Red velvet and chocolate sponge cake using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red velvet and chocolate sponge cake
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 7 of medium size eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoon of white venigar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of veggie oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Red food color.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coco powder.
- It’s of Frosting.
- You need 2 cups of Powdered whipped cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
Red velvet and chocolate sponge cake step by step
- Grease and put baking paper to your baking pan then set aside. Add flour,salt baking powder in a bowl and whisk. Divide the dry ingredients into two add table spoon of coco powder to one bowl(red velvet) then add the remaining to the other bowl and sift in separate bowl. Pre heat your oven at 170°C/350°F..
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks. Add the egg whites to a large bowl and mix incorporating with your sugar till stiff peak. Add vanilla to your egg yolks and start adding it to the egg whites one at a time then turn off your mixer..
- Divide the egg mixture into two then start adding and mixing the dry ingredients in each of the bowls with rubber spatula in 3 adding. Add oil into milk and divide it into two then add red food color to one and mix it to the red velvet cake mix bowl then add the other milk mixture to the chocolate cake mix bowl in 3 adding. Add baking soda to venigar and whisk then pour it to each of the bowl and mix..
- Pour the cake mixtures simultaneously to your pan(you can bake them in separate pan it's your choice) and bake at 160°C for 30 to 35 mins or till when stick comes out clean..
- Frosting : add all ingredients into a bowl and mix till stiff peak. Pour your cream in a piping bag with your desired nuzzle tip then decorate. I glazed mine with caramel. Enjoy.😋.