AMIEs Coffee Cake.
You can have AMIEs Coffee Cake using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of AMIEs Coffee Cake
- Prepare 180 grams of baking flour.
- Prepare 60 grams of plain flour.
- You need 40 grams of cocoa powder.
- You need 200 grams of chopped chocolate, dark or milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of instant espresso coffee powder dissolved in 250 ml boiling water.
- Prepare 200 grams of butter, softened.
- You need 200 grams of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of coffee beans, crushed.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s of Icing.
- Prepare 150 grams of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
AMIEs Coffee Cake instructions
- Heat the oven to 160ºC fan. Grease and base line a 20cm round cake pan..
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and cocoa powder. Put the butter, sugar and the coffee dissolved in water in a pan over low-medium heat. Add the chocolates and stir until melted..
- Pour into the dry ingredients (flour and cocoa powder mixture) and fold in gently. Gradually whisk in the eggs, crushed coffee beans and a pinch of salt, stirring well until blended..
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 2 hours (120 minutes). Cool..
- To make the icing, sieve the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add 1-2 tablespoons water to mix to a thick coating consistency. Spread over the top of the cold cake. You can use any type of chocolate icing you want and you can decorate the cake whatever decoration you desired..