"Crab" Cakes with Tuna and Cheese. Make baked tuna "crab" cakes instead for a quick, easy, and cheaper meal option that tastes just as good! I decided to change it up this week and make some baked tuna "crab" cakes. Reminiscent of crab cakes, these baked seafood cakes are made out of tuna, so they're a great everyday supper.
See more ideas about Crab cakes, Crab recipes, Seafood recipes. Maryland Crab Cakes are made with jumbo lump crab meat with little filler, Dijon mustard and Old Bay plus secrets to making authentic Chesapeake crab cakes! Reserve remaining cornbread for another use. You can cook "Crab" Cakes with Tuna and Cheese using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Crab" Cakes with Tuna and Cheese
- It’s of Tomato sauce Ingredients:.
- You need 200 grams of Canned tomatoes.
- It’s 50 grams of Onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 pinch of Garlic (minced).
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Soup stock cube.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need of Crab Cake Ingredients:.
- Prepare 85 grams of Canned tuna (drained and flaked).
- You need 3 stick of Imitation crab sticks (finely shredded).
- You need 2 tbsp of Onion (finely chopped).
- You need 100 ml of Panko.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 25 grams of Camembert cheese.
- You need 1 of Plain flour.
- It’s 15 grams of Butter.
- You need 40 ml of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh parsley.
- You need 1 of Baby leaf lettuce.
Fold cornbread crumbs and tuna chunks into mayonnaise. Add the vegetables and crab, sauce to the bowl with the pasta and transfer the mixture to individual baking crocks or a large casserole dish. These tuna fish cakes are literally thrown together and they are fancy enough (or at least adaptable to be so) Two: Drain the potatoes and mash with the milk, cheese and salt and pepper. Three: Add the tuna, parsley and lemon Parsley goes really well with tuna, but you could use chives or dill instead in this recipe.
"Crab" Cakes with Tuna and Cheese instructions
- Tomato sauce: Sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil. Then add the canned tomato, bay leaf, and consommé and simmer well. Season with salt and pepper..
- Crab cakes: Thoroughly knead the canned tuna, crab sticks, onions, panko, milk, eggs, and salt and pepper together..
- Tuck 1/2 the listed amount (about about 12 g each) of Camembert cheese in a patty of tuna-crabstick mix. Form into rounds and dust lightly with flour..
- Heat butter and vegetable oil in a pan, and pan-fry each patty from Step 3 one at a time until crisp on both sides..
- Arrange on a plate and top with some of the tomato sauce that's been reheated. Sprinkle on parsley, arrange some baby leaf lettuce on the side, and serve..
I've made salmon cakes and crab cakes, but I've never tried tuna fish before. Crab cakes with Dungeness crab are a treat! They can be a little Form the uncooked crab cakes, wrap the individual crab cakes in plastic, put them in a freezer bag Next week, i'll try canned tuna and not tell my guests. After a glass or two of wine no cares any way. Our favorite Crab Cakes recipes made with fresh lump crab meat and served with crab cakes This homemade Crab Cakes recipe couldn't be more delicious or easy, made with fresh lump crab meat Avoid crab meat that comes in a can like tuna fish.