The Ultimate Baked Crab Cakes. BAKED Crab Cake recipe How to make the ULTIMATE CRAB CAKES. For this baked crab cake recipe, panko is what brings the CRUNCH! I prefer to use jumbo lump.
I also hate when they are all mayonnaise-y, or when they are like one big fried patty of who knows what? Form crab cakes into individual patties and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Make the crab cakes first so they have time to firm up in the refrigerator before you cook them. You can cook The Ultimate Baked Crab Cakes using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Ultimate Baked Crab Cakes
- You need 1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat.
- Prepare 1 of FOR DRESSING.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Worchestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dijon, mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped green onions and more for garnish.
- It’s 1 tbsp of finely chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 small of minced garlic clove.
- You need 2 tbsp of shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 large of egg, beaten.
- You need 1 of FOR TOPPING.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresly grated parmesa cheese.
- Prepare 4 of strips of bacon, cut into 1 inche pieces.
These simple crab cakes are easy to make and luxurious to eat. Serve them as appetizers or alongside a big, crisp salad and We love the technique of baking, rather than frying the crab cakes, which allows you to achieve a pleasingly crisp exterior without the mess of frying or the risk of greasiness. Having lived by the Chesapeake Bay on Kent Island, MD nearly my whole life, I was challenged to develop this authentic Maryland style crab cake about a year ago. These Maryland crab cakes get the stamp of approval from locals and out-of-towners alike.
The Ultimate Baked Crab Cakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a bowl mix all dressing ingredients, add crab and ever so gently mix with dressing so as not to break crab up. With hands mold into dome shaped crab cakes, place on a butterec baking dish. Drizzle melted butter over each crab cake, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and divide bacon on top of each cake evenly..
- Bake about 10 to 15 minutes util heated and bacon is crisp. Garnish with green onions and offer melted butter for dipping..
- Serve with crusty bread and cole slaw or a green salad!.
For the best texture, use lump crab meat and very little filler. I've been debating publishing our favorite crab cakes recipe on my blog because I was nervous there wouldn't be enough crab aficionados reading. Make everyone happy with this multi-flavored cake made with chocolate and vanilla cake mix filled and topped with all sorts of goodies. How to Make Perfect Infused Ice Cubes. A crab cake is a dangerous thing.