Luke's Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta. Butter, cream, Parmesan cheese and pesto converge into a luxurious sauce to be served with cooked shrimp or crab meat and hot linguine. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta combines butter, cream, parmesan and basil pesto to create a delightful pasta dish that's perfect any night of the week.
Creamy pesto shrimp pasta – best pasta ever – best fettuccine pesto prawns. Ingredients and Instructions on the Description Box. Add in reserved pasta water, little by little, and continue tossing until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. You can have Luke's Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Luke's Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Prepare of pasta.
- It’s 1/2 lb of dried bowtie pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of Shrimp: uncooked, pealed and deveined.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 dash of pepper.
- You need 1 dash of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of pesto paste.
- Prepare 2 cup of asparagus: cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 1 cup of fresh grape tomatoes: cut into quarters.
- It’s 1 cup of sundried tomatoes: thinly sliced.
- It’s of sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 dash of pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 4 oz of pesto paste.
Toss pasta with shrimp and garnish with basil and lemon, if desired. I'm always looking for ways to make seafood at home (much to the dismay of The Steak-Loving An old friend of mine) and this, my friends, was the very first shrimp recipe I was brave enough to try. It was a few years ago, back when I had only attempted "real". To the pot of cooked pasta, add the cooked shrimp and tomatoes, cooked zucchini, butter, mascarpone cheese, and half the reserved pasta cooking water.
Luke's Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta step by step
- In large pot bring 4 quarts water to boil..
- Stir in pasta boil for 11 minutes stirring occasionally..
- While pasta is cooking begin making sauce. In small sauce pan melt butter over low heat.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir with wooden spoon until smooth..
- Stir in milk and raise heat to medium. Continue stirring until bubbles appear over entire surface. Then stir for additional 1 minute..
- Remove from heat, stir in 4 oz pesto paste, cover and set aside..
- By this time the pasta should be done. Drain and place in 2 qt casserole dish. Cover to retain heat..
- In large pan heat 1 tbl spoon olive oil. Add asparagus and grape tomatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes just until asparagus becomes tender stirring occasionally..
- While vegetables are cooking place shrimp, lemon juice, tablespoon olive oil, teaspoon pesto, salt, pepper and garlic powder in small bowl and mix..
- Once asparagus are near tender add shrimp mix and cook 1-2 minutes over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Do not over cook..
- Mix shrimp, vegetables, sauce and sun dried tomatoes with pasta in casserole dish and serve..
Pre-peeled shrimp, frozen peas, and store-bought pesto makes this flavorful pasta come together in minutes. No need to make your own pesto sauce if you It tastes fresher and more like homemade. Make sure to reserve some of the pasta cooking water; you'll stir it in at the end to make a silky sauce. Lightened up shrimp cooked in a creamy garlic infused pesto cream sauce. Shrimp and pesto are a combo made in heaven.