Crispy Chicken Pie. This Chicken Pie recipe has everything you need in a comfort food pie. Tasty home cooked meat, extra veggies, creamy sauce and light Just be sure to cook it so the bottom is crispy and cooked through. This is the double-crusted chicken pot pie I grew up with, based on my mother's recipe and updated with Daniel's techniques for cold-poached chicken and basic chicken stock.
This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! Creamy, crispy chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort dish—one bite instantly transports you to Cookbook author and chef Olia Hercules learned this simple chicken pie from an Armenian friend. You can have Crispy Chicken Pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy Chicken Pie
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large leek.
- You need 150 g of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- You need 100 ml of creme fraiche.
- Prepare 300 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 25 g of butter.
- You need 6 sheets of filo pastry.
- It’s of Olive oil to drizzle.
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables. Get the perfect chicken pie whether you opt for crisp puff or buttery shortcrust pastry. As for the fillings, add classic and comforting ingredients like mushroom, tarragon or leek to your chicken pie.
Crispy Chicken Pie instructions
- Chop the leeks, dice the pepper and slice mushrooms..
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and gently cook off leeks..
- Add the diced chicken and turn up the heat a little. After 3 minutes add the red pepper and mushrooms. Cook for a further 3 minutes..
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to the boil. Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a paste then add to the pan and stir..
- Bring back to the boil and add creme fraiche. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Pour into a large oven proof dish. Take a sheet of filo pastry and scrunch up, place on top of pie filling. Repeat until mixture is covered in pastry..
- Drizzle olive oil over and bake at 190c for 20 mins until golden brown..
Download Crispy pie stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Great recipe for Spinach, feta, mushroom and filo pie. Mash up of two recipes to make a yummy vegetarian dinner. This cottage pie packed with succulent chicken thighs & crispy bacon will go down a treat at any family meal. Find more chicken recipes at Tesco Real Food.