Spiced monkfish. Gordon Ramsay's recipe for Spiced Monkfish with Citrus Vinegarrette. Simply spiced monkfish is served up with quinoa and a quick beetroot pickles – it's done in minutes but really adds zing. Season the monkfish with the curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
The lemongrass gives an almost Thai flavour to this. Roll the monkfish in half of the garam masala or curry powder. Heat the oil in a separate large pan over a medium. You can have Spiced monkfish using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spiced monkfish
- Prepare 1 of monkfish tail fillet per person (scale up the other ingredients if cooking for more than 2).
- It’s 1 tsp of Korean chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric (or 2 tsp curry powder instead of the two spices).
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fine salt.
- It’s 1 of shallot, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron.
- Prepare of about 50ml veg stock made with a stock cube or fresh.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of crème fraiche.
- Prepare 1 of little chopped parsley.
Dust the monkfish fillets in the remaining spice mix. Show: Hot off the Grill with Bobby Flay. Roll the monkfish carefully in the Cajun spices and dust off any excess. Heat the frying pan and add the butter and oil.
Spiced monkfish instructions
- Monkfish needs firming up before cooking, otherwise it releases a lot of water whilst cooking. Sprinkle the fillets generously with rock salt, chill for at least half an hour then rinse off the salt and pat dry..
- Cut the fish into scallop-sized chunks. Mix the spices and salt together and dip the monkfish pieces in the mix..
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat, add the monkfish pieces, the diced shallot and cook for a minute. Sprinkle the saffron over the dish and turn the monkfish pieces.
- Add splash alcohol – gin/white wine.
- Turn the heat up, add the crème fraiche and the stock and bubble away for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to serving bowls or dishes and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with plain rice..
Add the monkfish and cook all over gently, do not overcook. Sprinkle the Tandoori spice over the monkfish and lightly oil it. In a heavy-bottomed pan, melt some butter and dash of oil. When it is smoking, add the monkfish. Monkfish Fun Facts: Monkfish are deepwater, bottom-dwelling fish.