You can cook Saltfish Fritters using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Saltfish Fritters
- It’s 200 g of Saltfish (Cod/Whitefish).
- Prepare Half of Green Bell Pepper.
- You need Half of Red Bell Pepper.
- You need Handful of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 of Scotch Bonnet.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- You need 3 of Spring Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 120 g of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 125 ml of Coconut Milk (or Water).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of All Purpose.
- You need 1 Tsp of Mixed Herbs.
- You need 1 Tsp of Thyme.
- You need 2 Tsp of Baking Powder.
Saltfish Fritters step by step
- Either soak the Saltfish overnight in cold water (making sure to change the water several times) or boil in water for 10 minutes, drain the water and repeat boil for further 10 minutes..
- Shred the fish in a large bowl using a fork or pulse in a food processor. Add to the Saltfish finely chopped or minced Spring Onions, Garlic, Parsley, Bell Peppers, Scotch Bonnet and Egg..
- Mix the following dry ingredients together; Plain flour, Paprika, All Purpose, Mixed Herbs, Thyme and Baking Powder before combining with the wet ingredients. Gradually add the milk whilst mixing to achieve the desired thickness..
- Heat oil in a deep pot on High/Medium heat and carefully using a teaspoon, scoop a spoonful of batter into the hot oil. Fry for a minute on each side depending on how small the bites are or until they are golden brown and thoroughly cooked in the middle..