Baked Pasta with Peppers.
You can have Baked Pasta with Peppers using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Pasta with Peppers
- Prepare 2 large of Red/Yellow Bell Peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 large of Vidalia Onion.
- Prepare 8 oz of Angel Hair Pasta.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Bacon Fat.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Seasoned Salt.
Baked Pasta with Peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 500?F..
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onion. Pour olive oil, peppers, onion, salt, and pepper in saucepan. Cook over medium low heat until soft/translucent..
- Cook pasta as directed on box. It's important to not overcook; angel hair cooks quickly and will cook more later. Set aside when finished..
- Once peppers/onions have finished, add bacon fat to same pan. Cook over low heat until melted..
- Once bacon fat has melted, add cornstarch, milk, onion powder, crushed red pepper, and seasoned salt. Stir over low heat until milk thickens slightly..
- Add 2/3 of mozzarella to milk/peppers mixture. Stir until melted..
- Add cooked pasta to remainder of ingredients. Stir to mix thoroughly..
- Pour pasta mixture into baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Add remaining 1/3 of mozzarella to top..
- Bake at 500?F until cheese on top is melted..