Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8. I thought this recipe was very, very good. I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again! TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese.
Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! French classic with layers of thinly sliced potato, cream, butter, garlic and cheese, you can't go wrong! Toaster oven potatoes au gratin are the ultimate comfort food. You can cook Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8 using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- It’s 3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of cornstarch.
This small batch recipe makes just two generous servings, meaning no leftovers! from @ toasterovenlove. Creamy and cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes are easier to make than ever! Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp.
Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8 instructions
- Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly..
- Heat the 3 cups of milk with the potatoes in it. Bring to boil then turn down to a simmer just keep the milk hot till potatoes are fork tender..
- Take the potatoes out of the milk..
- In an oven safe dish spray the bottom and sides with nonstick spray. Layer the bottom with a layer of sliced potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Add half the cheese..
- Then a layer of potatoes, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, salt and pepper to taste. Add the rest of the cheese..
- Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes..
- Add the sour cream to the 1/2 cup of milk and blend well..
- Pour sour cream milk mixture over the top..
- Put into oven for 80-90 minutes..
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
I'd dare to say au gratin potatoes are better than even the best mashed potatoes — and they're easier, too. Potatoes au gratin are basically scalloped potatoes with cheese (haha, that made me think of "royale with cheese"). So if you like scalloped potatoes and In general, you want to stick to smooth melting cheeses for potatoes au gratin and avoid hard aged cheeses that don't melt as easily (like Parmesan. (In addition to a tasty potatoes au gratin recipe, we're sharing about our favorite toaster oven pans and baking dishes. Even buying organic, it cost less than half of the Gruyere's price and was easy to use up topping baked potatoes and in a few batches of Southwestern Twice Baked Potatoes. This potatoes au gratin recipe is wonderfully creamy, cheesy and flavorful and has received tons of rave reviews over the years.