Potato and Ham Gratin. Top with the onion slices Good recipe, nice as a side w/baked ham. This easy Potato Ham Au Gratin recipe is the ultimate comfort food! Layers of thinly sliced potatoes, diced ham, caramelized onions & a dreamy cheese sauce!
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. Whip up a mouth-watering side with our ham & leek potato gratin (RECIPE BELOW). With creamy layers of thinly sliced potato and topped with golden cheddar. You can have Potato and Ham Gratin using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and Ham Gratin
- You need 5 of medium red potatos, precooked in chicken broth until just.
- It’s of tender, then cooled.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sriracha seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 8 ounces of thin. sliced black Forrest gam.
- You need 8 ounces of sliced provalone chee.
- Prepare 6 of green onions, sliced.
- You need 6 slices of bacon. cooled crisp and crumbled.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 2 cups of shredded pepper jack cheese.
- You need 3 of tablespoond fresh grated romano cheese.
Get two meals out of one: Prepare a whole new dish using leftover ham with this easy potato, cheese, and ham casserole recipe. This simple gratin uses yellow-fleshed potatoes to good advantage–sliced thin, they remain toothsome but light. For best results, peel and slice the potatoes just before assembling the gratin so their starch doesn't leach out. Using a "V" slicer or mandoline really helps to make uniformly thin slices.
Potato and Ham Gratin instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9 inch baking pan with non sick spray peel and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Season with sriracha, salt and pepper.
- Lay one layer of potatos in pan.
- Cover with a layer of ham.
- Then a layer of sliced cheese, sprinkle with green onion and parsley.
- Repeat layering potato, ham, cheese, onion and p arsley, pressing down each layer.
- In a bowl whisk cream eggs and garlic, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Add bacon and shredded chees, green onions, parsley and romano cheesee press down gently to compact mixture Place dish on foil lined baking sheet and bake about 30 to 40 minutes until set. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Melt butter in a med saucepan over med heat. Make an easy potato au gratin recipe with ham and cheddar cheese, a breadcrumb topping, and delicious sauce. This is a delicious and easy dish to prepare and bake. Serve this potato and ham bake with a tossed salad and biscuits or hot rolls. Old fashioned scalloped potatoes and ham is a great casserole for an everyday meal or potluck dinner.