Lasagna. Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. Lasagne, or the singular lasagna, is an Italian dish made of stacked layers of thin flat pasta alternating with fillings. This lasagna recipe calls for uncooked noodles to be baked between layers of cheese and beef in spaghetti sauce.
These lasagna recipes (some vegan, others stuffed full of meat and cheese) prove just how much flavor can be stacked between sheets of pasta. This lasagna recipe is super simple to make, and so flavorful. It's perfect for potlucks and other The site may earn a commission on some products. You can cook Lasagna using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- Prepare 1 of # ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of # pork (or sweet sausage).
- It’s 1/2 C of onion, minced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 2 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 C of water, slightly less.
- You need 2 T of white sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt, divided.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 T of fresh parsley, chopped (4 tsp dried).
- It’s 12 of lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 C of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- You need 3/4 C of parmesan cheese, grated.
- It’s of Crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
It couldn't be easier to make. Your ingredient options when making lasagna are virtually endless. You can make vegetarian lasagna, a meat lover's lasagna, or lasagna with all the works, packed with your. From Italian lasagna (and its plural lasagne), possibly from Vulgar Latin *lasania, from Latin lasanum ("cooking pot"), from Ancient Greek λάσανον (lásanon, "trivet or stand for a pot").
Lasagna step by step
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, pork, onion, and garlic over medium heat until browned. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water. Add the sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt, pepper and 2T parsley (2 tsp dried). Add the red pepper flakes if using. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally..
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, egg, 2T parsley (2 tsp dried) and 1/2 tsp salt..
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 1/2C of meat sauce on the bottom. Put a single layer of noodles over the meat sauce. Spread with 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Top with 1C of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with some of the parmesan cheese. Repeat layers 2 times and the top will be the cheeses. Cover with sprayed foil to prevent the cheese sticking to it..
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into your lasagna..
- I had an 8oz roll of mozzarella cheese on hand, so I sliced it and put it on the cheese layers..
Others argue the Italian lasagna originally derived from the Arabic لَوْزِينَج (lawzīnaj, "almond cake"). This classic lasagna recipe is all about making a quality ragù—it's hard to mess up once you get that right. Add lasagna to one of your lists below, or create a new one. This EASY Lasagna Soup tastes just like lasagna with layers of cheesy noodles smothered in rich marinara infused with garlic, onion and Italian spices all smothered Parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta. Pasta noodles piled high and layered full of three kinds of cheese to go along with the perfect blend of meaty and zesty, tomato pasta sauce all loaded with herbs.