Savory Pot Roast. Slow-simmer your chuck beef on the stove to make our savory and easy pot roast recipe with carrots and onions, with a gravy made from cream of mushroom soup and dry onion mix. This savory pot roast recipe will have the whole family looking forward to dinner. Savory aromas entice you as this easy meal-in-one gently simmers in your Instant Pot.
Savory slow-cooked beef and veggies flavored by horseradish give you delicious dinner. The great thing about serving a pot roast is that everything—meat and vegetables—is in one pan. The flavor of this pot roast is wonderful. You can cook Savory Pot Roast using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savory Pot Roast
- It’s 3 lb of beef roast.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- You need 4 of potatoes.
- It’s 4 of carrots.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 cup of beef broth or beef bouillon.
- It’s 3 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lawry seasoning.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 4 tbsp of beef rub cracked peppercorn.
- It’s 2 tbsp of finely ground red pepper.
Sunday dinner after church in the south was fried chicken, but in the MidWestern U. This perfectly seasoned crock pot pork loin roast is slow cooked with a tangy sauce mixture. Savory Pot Roast With Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil, Pillsbury Best All Purpose Flour, Celery Salt, Marjoram, Salt, Pepper, Beef Chuck Roast, Medium Onion, Water, Tomato Sauce. This was yet another recipe that was ah-mazing!
Savory Pot Roast step by step
- Get a crockpot.
- Cut the beef roast into 3 large pieces and rub the 3-4 tbs (or until its completely covered) beef rub of cracked peppercorn on the beef..
- Put 6 cups of water into the crockpot.
- Put the beef roast into crockpot.
- Cut the potatoes, carrots, lemon, and onion into large pieces then put them into crockpot with the beef roast..
- Put the 2 cups of beef broth into crockpot over previous ingredients. Make sure the meat is covered..
- Add all the seasoning over the crockpot ingredients..
- You may want to add more than 3 Tablespoons of each of the seasonings. Depends how much seasoning you want..
- Cook everything covered in crockpot for 5-7 hours on high..
- Once the beef roast easily falls apart with a fork and is not pink it should be done..
- Also double check the potatoes and carrots that they are soft..
- If you want to make the juice into a gravy put desired amount into a pot boiling starting out with 1/4 cup flour or until desired consistency..
- Pull the beef apart with a fork serve with the other contents. Pour gravy over the top and enjoy!.
When Michael tried the first bite of this Savory Pot Roast, his eyes got really big. I love pot roast – it is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. This Instant Pot Savory Pot Roast & Gravy is OUT OF BOUNDS (in my best Guy Fieri voice). We've put scrumptious spins on traditional pot roast with recipes such as Philly Cheese Pot Roast Sandwiches, Cranberry-Chipotle Beef, German-Style Beef Roast, and more. Nothing says home cooking like this slow-simmered pot roast that turns out tender and tasty, time after time.