Shepherd Pie with a new twist. Full recipe to make shepherds pie. Thank you for watching my video please like, comment and share Please subscribe. Traditionally a meat pie with a mashed potato crust, shepherd's pie (also known as cottage pie) originated in Ireland.
Although shepherd's pie is easy to make from basic pantry and freezer staples, it can be anything but boring. Like a Chilean shepherd's pie, pastel de choclo tops spiced ground beef with a puréed corn crust. The CDC issued new recommendations for how to celebrate New Year's Eve safely during. You can have Shepherd Pie with a new twist using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd Pie with a new twist
- Prepare 3 packages of County gravy.
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of frozen veggies whatever you like best I use peas and corn.
- It’s 3 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 packages of Pillsbury biscuits.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need 5 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 cup of mashed potatoes.
Mix up your shepherd's pie with some anchovies. Smooth the mashed potato over the top and then rough it up with a fork to create a textured topping. This opens in a new window. View Recipe this link opens in a new tab.
Shepherd Pie with a new twist instructions
- In hot skillet cook the ground meat. Season with salt and pepper. Just before done drain any excess grease and add the garlic and onions cook until onions start to sweat and garlic is light brown. Take off burner and add frozen veggies set aside for later..
- Preheat oven to 350. In separate pot make the country gravy as package instructs and set aside. In mixing bowl combine the beef mixture from step one , mashed potatoes and half of the cheddar cheese. Mix well..
- Using a greased casserole dish place four of the biscuits cut up on the bottom then add the mashed potatoes and beef mix. Pour the country gravy over top of that make sure to leave a little room you might not use all the gravy but it's great for left overs. Spread the rest of the cheddar cheese and place the remaining biscuits on top. Place on a cookie sheet just in case if it drips cook about 10 minutes until biscuits are done ..
A shepherd's pie with just a wee touch of an Irish twist. This one's made the traditional way with ground lamb but features shredded Irish Cheddar cheese (like Dubliner by Kerrygold) mixed into the creamy mashed potato topping. Homemade Shepherd's Pie – A quick and easy twist on the classic shepherd's pie recipe that's hearty, comforting and delicious! Shepherd's pie has been a favorite dish of mine for years. This isn't your traditional shepherds pie recipe, but I prefer it.