Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars. Creamy rhubarb filling is flanked top and bottom by a caramel-like crumbly mixture. Turn these bars into a decadent dessert. Serve larger squares on dessert plates drizzled with caramel sauce, then add soft whipped cream and an edible flower to dazzle guests.
These Cherry Cream Cheese Bars are the perfect dessert for celebrating a special, but also easy enough to be your new everyday favorite. Once the whole thing is cooled, these Cherry Cream Cheese Bars get a drizzle of confectioners' sugar glaze for a finished sweet touch. Rhubarb Meringue Bars — My Grandma's Recipes. You can cook Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars
- It’s of For the rhubarb puree.
- It’s 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need of For the cream cheese shortbread.
- You need 5 oz of low-fat cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- You need of For the rhubarb curd.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of rhubarb puree.
- Prepare 1/2 can of pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s of red dye.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s of zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
Firm shortbread, a silky custard with soft (but not mushy) rhubarb, and pillowy meringue clouds on · These Rhubarb Bars feature a cream cheese shortbread crust and a tangy rhubarb curd topping. These really are the ultimate spring dessert! A nice rhubarb dessert with a buttery crust, a rhubarb layer, a baked cream cheese layer, and a sour cream layer. A very easy, rich, rhubarb cheesecake bar.
Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars step by step
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones..
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour..
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb..
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge..
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!.
These bars combines the velvety richness of cheesecake with fresh tangy rhubarb for a delicious dessert that everyone will love. Beat cream cheese, white sugar, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. These Rhubarb Cream Cheese Bars are easy to make and so delicious. The perfect combination of sweet and tart, this rhubarb dessert is great for Everyone immediately liked its sweet and tart combo. And I appreciate that it has just enough cream cheese to impart creamy decadence, but not.