Blueberry and cherry squares. While the cherry oatmeal square is baking heat a nonstick pan and add the entire ingredients for the blueberry sauce to it. Measure the cherries after removing the seeds. Soak macadamia nuts overnight for softening and creamy texture.
Inside of this gooey, comforting crumble you'll find heaps of cherries and blueberries. Cover Filling with Topping, and lightly spray with cooking spray. As a child these Cherry Squares were one of my favorite desserts. You can have Blueberry and cherry squares using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry and cherry squares
- It’s 1 can of Blueberry pie filing.
- It’s 1 can of cherry pie filling.
- It’s 1 lb of butter.
- It’s 4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of sugar plus more to sprinkle on top before putting in oven if you like.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of Cisco to grease cookie sheet..
I just loved the sweet and grainy I often top the squares with a medley of fresh berries, or fruit sauces (strawberry, raspberry, or blueberry), or even a delicious chocolate sauce. Cherry Squares I am starting my entry off tonight with the dessert, because it was so surprisingly yummy!!! This was actually a Weight Watchers recipe in my Weekly for Blueberry Squares. Blueberry and cherry crisp topped with an oatmeal cookie crumble and baked until golden!
Blueberry and cherry squares step by step
- Bake 45 mintues on 350..
- Mix together in large bowl. Everything except pie filling..
- Use hands to mix in bowl it's easier it should come together pretty easy. Next dump most of mixture (save about a cup or so of doh n put aside) onto greased large baking sheet with lip on sides. Or use 2 small ones. (Sometimes I use extra flour to get more crumbs for topping).
- With hands push mixture all over and around tray. Next dump can of each on pie filling amd smooth out evenly on doh. Sprinkle some of crumb doh mixture on top. Please note you can also use 2 cans of same filing or I like peach, apple, or whatever u like. When I use apple I sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top before baking. The rest I use regular sugar to sprinkle..
- Bake 350 for 45 min..
- Take out let cool amd cut into squares. It doesn't need to be refrigerated but I think it's better and holds up better. Also freezes well..
The perfect summer dessert for all of that beautiful fruit! Fresh cherries and blueberries topped with an oatmeal cookie crumble and baked until golden and crunchy! Pour blueberry or cherry pie filling over the top of the baked dessert. Spread nondairy whipped topping on top of fruit. Berry fruits frame with strawberries, blueberries, cherries and.