Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie. The original recipe comes from my friend Frances Hochschild, and her.
Shepherds pie is one of my favorite comfort foods. Your recipe looks simple and fabulous! Cheddar Topped Shepherds Pie Everyday Food with Sarah Carey. You can cook Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie
- Prepare of spices.
- It’s 4 tbsp of minced garlic from jar in water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried chives.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil flakes.
- You need 2 tbsp of onion flakes or 1/2 sauteed chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 lb of hamburger.
- It’s 6 cup of mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of creamed corn.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1 envelope of brown gravy mix.
- You need 2 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
The Best Homemade Shepherds Pie: Easy Simple Shepherds Pie Recipe. Shepherd's pie, also known as cottage pie is a meat pie topped with mashed potatoes. In some cases, there may be a crust in place of the mashed potatoes. A healthier version of a classic comfort food – Simple Shepherds Pie With Turkey is a delicious and hearty recipe.
Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie step by step
- Cook mashed potatoes as directed or make your own. Add half of the spices to potatoes..
- Brown hamburger with half of the spices. Drain grease from pan.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix the gravy packet with one cup of cold water. Then add to pan with drained hamburger on medium/high heat mix well and simmer until it thickens. Stirring constantly..
- Add hamburger to 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour creamed corn on top of hamburger.
- Pour corn on top of creamed corn..
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top of corn mixture. Smooth with a spatula or spoon. Make sure to completely cover mixture with potatoes..
- Bake for 25 minutes pull from oven and sprinkle cheese across top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes before serving..
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. The whole dish is pretty much the definition of comfort food. A cheap, make ahead freezer meal. Shepherd's Pie is one of the first things I learned how to cook.