Quick and Easy Onion Gratin Soup. One recommendation: I use croutons rather than sliced French bread. It is much easier than cutting through a thick piece of cheese-covered bread. Thanks for trying the onion soup and for all the thoughtful reviews.
Treat your family with this cheesy onion soup gratinee made using Progresso® French onion soup – perfect for French-style dinner. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. You can have Quick and Easy Onion Gratin Soup using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Onion Gratin Soup
- You need 2 small of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Processed cheese.
- You need 2 slice of Baguette.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- Prepare 2 of cubes Soup stock cubes (I recommend additive-free).
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 400 ml of Water.
The directions regarding how to caramelize the onions were clear and easy to follow. Onion & Fennel Soup Gratin from Barefoot Contessa. Onion Soup Gratiné. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen.
Quick and Easy Onion Gratin Soup instructions
- Prepare the ingredients..
- Cut the onions into thin wedges, and place in a heatproof dish..
- Put 1 tablespoon of butter on top, loosely cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 15 minutes at 500 W..
- When you remove the wrap, please be careful because it'll be hot. If the onions are soft and wilted, it will take less to sauté them until they turn light brown..
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the onions from Step 3, and sauté..
- Saute over medium heat while stirring. They will be lightly browned as illustrated in the picture in about 10 minutes..
- Add 2 cubes of the soup stock and pour in 400 ml of water while crushing them..
- Once the soup stock cubes have dissolved, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt..
- Add pepper to your liking..
- Transfer Step 8 into heatproof bowls. Put lightly toasted baguette on top..
- Sprinkle with processed cheese on top. It will be more delicious if you use your favourite grated cheese..
- Bake in a oven or in a preheated oven or toaster oven at 180°C until the cheese is lightly browned. Now it's done..
Quick & Easy Highly Rated Healthy Surprise Me. Peel and finely slice the onion into half moons. This recipe is based loosely on the first onion soup I ever made from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I. The main difference is that I suggest using a quick short-cut beef stock. How to Make French Onion Soup Au Gratin.