Farmhouse Recipe: Easy Potato Gratin.
You can cook Farmhouse Recipe: Easy Potato Gratin using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Farmhouse Recipe: Easy Potato Gratin
- Prepare 200 grams of Potatoes.
- Prepare 100 grams of Bacon.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 400 ml of Milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter (or margarine).
- You need 1 1/2 of cubes Soup stock cube – chop up with a knife.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Pizza cheese.
Farmhouse Recipe: Easy Potato Gratin instructions
- Cut the onion into thin wedges. Thinly slice the bacon. Cut the potatoes into 5 mm slices, and boil until a skewer goes through easily..
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and stir fry the bacon. When the fat starts to come out of the bacon add the onion and stir fry..
- When the onion has wilted turn off the heat. Add all the flour, and mix well. Make sure to turn the heat off first..
- Mix for about 30 seconds with the heat still off, until it's no longer floury..
- Add the milk and mix well. Simmer over medium heat until the milk is thickened, add the soup cubes and pepper, and the bechamel sauce is done..
- Line a gratin dish with the cooked potatoes, and pour the bechamel sauce over it..
- Top with the pizza cheese, and bake in a preheated 250°C oven until the top has browned. (About 15 minutes.).
- It's dense and floury and creamy and delicious!.