Slow Cook Beef Casserole. Beef cooks with the sauce all day, then the casserole is put together and cooked a bit longer. Add the beef to the slow cooker. Add the enchilada sauce, salsa, green chiles, garlic, onion, chili powder, cumin and pepper.
Follow our guide to the best slow cookers on the market, and our top slow cooker tips, and you'll make a. Best cut of beef for Beef Casserole: Use either braising steak (chuck steak) or silverside. My preference is braising steak for better flavour. You can cook Slow Cook Beef Casserole using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cook Beef Casserole
- You need 450 g of beef chuck stewing – (cubed) / 16 oz ..
- Prepare 450 g of potato (cubed) / 16 oz ..
- Prepare 250 g of onion (sliced) / 9 oz ..
- It’s 250 g of carrots (thick discs) / 9 oz ..
- It’s 175 g of button mushrooms / 6 oz ..
- You need 175 g of celery (thick slices) / 6 oz ..
- You need 100 g of peas frozen / 3½ oz ..
- You need 600 ml of beef stock made from cubes / 20 fl . oz . 2.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1½ teaspoons of thyme dried.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornstarch cornflour /.
- It’s ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- It’s 100 g of onion (chopped fine) / 3½ oz ..
- It’s 50 g of carrot (chopped fine) / 2 oz ..
- Prepare 50 g of celery (chopped fine) / 2 oz ..
- You need of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
You DO have to have a slow cooker that seals well – mine is brand new so it does. If you have one that you know leaks heat and moisture, your rice won't cook properly. Cook beef stew in a slow cooker for really tender meat. Add button mushrooms or smoked paprika for extra flavour – it will be an instant family favourite.
Slow Cook Beef Casserole step by step
- Put the potato, onion, carrots and celery in a microwavable container with 4 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 4 minutes..
- Meanwhile spray a wide based lidded pan with Spray2Cook and when the Spray2Cook is bubbling add the beef and stir and fry until browned all over..
- Add the microwaved vegetables and continue to cook with the lid on for 5 minutes. Add the stock (hot). Add the purée, thyme pepper, and bay leaves. Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the pan as it just starts to bubble..
- Turn the lidded pan down to a simmer or transfer to a slow cooker set at high until it again bubbles then turn down the slow cooker as needed – either way cook at a "bubbling" simmer for 4 hours..
- After 2 hours 45 minutes microwave the mirepoix vegetables with 4 tablespoons of the stock from the slow cooker for 4 minutes. Remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes. Again remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes.Blend the mirepoix vegetables with a hand blender to a paste and add together with the peas to the simmering casserole..
- Continue to simmer for the final hour of cooking time. Remove the bay leaves. Serve and enjoy..
Clean out the frying pan and fry the beef in the remaining oil in batches until it is well browned, then tip each batch into the slow cooker. An easy recipe for Beef Casserole all cooked together in the slow cooker. Delicious and so warming, perfect for an Autumn or Winter evening. Fry the beef so that all the sides turn brown. A hearty and warming Slow Cooker Beef Casserole with lots of chunky vegetables.