Easy White Chicken Chili. This white chicken chili recipe uses cannellini beans and diced chicken breasts in a chicken broth base. After sharing a new recipe for easy (red) chicken chili, I thought I would circle back today to share one of my all-time favorite recipes for easy white chicken chili. White Chicken Chili is the easy weeknight recipe you need from Delish.com.
This White Chicken Chili is the perfect medley of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat. Flavorful White Chicken Chili made with hearty beans, tender chicken, and a rich What Ingredients go into White Chicken Chili? Chicken -I prefer rotisserie chicken but left-over cooked chicken Now Made with Rotisserie Chicken for an Easier Option. You can cook Easy White Chicken Chili using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy White Chicken Chili
- You need 2 of grilled chicken breast roughly chopped.
- It’s 6 of sweet peppers finely chopped.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cans of great northern beans drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can of green chilies.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need To taste of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare To taste of mustard powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of GF all purpose flour mix.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
Note that when I first shared this I used chicken. This creamy white chicken chili is made super easy in your slow cooker! Creamy with plenty of spice, it's the perfect companion on a chilly night! This White Chicken Chili is the perfect medley of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat.
Easy White Chicken Chili instructions
- In a dutch oven heat the oil and sweat the peppers, garlic and onion flakes..
- Roughly chop the chicken breast, I grilled mine dusted with Montreal seasoning and granulated garlic. I cooked a whole package earlier in the week to have for dinner salads, but why not mix it up with chili! Once the garlic and peppers are softened remove from the pan. I spooned mine out on top of the chicken..
- Melt the butter in the dutch oven and add the flour, cook a few minutes until the raw taste is gone. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and mustard powder..
- Slowly whisk in the buttermilk. Then slowly stir in the chicken broth along with the remaining spices..
- Let come to a simmer then add the green chilies, beans, chicken breast and garlic pepper mix..
- Let simmer at least a half hour with the lid on. More time is definitely good, just keep an eye on the consistency and add more chicken broth if it gets to thick..
- Top with yogurt and queso fresco or any topping you love on chili..
When it's time to try a new kind of chili, this recipe measures up! Chicken and cream cheese are the perfect counterpart to beef and tomato. This easy White Chicken Chili is like a milder, calmer cousin to Texas beef chili. Make it with canned or dry beans, and add extra chili peppers for more heat if you like! Try giving chili night a little extra flair with a make-your-own chili bar!