Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce. Chicken breasts marinated in Italian-style salad dressing, then baked! It is the easiest and most delicious meal ever and my husband thinks I slave all I've been using this recipe for years and it's still one of our favorites. The only thing we do differently is cook the chicken in the italian dressing at a.
No one will believe you used only Italian dressing. This is one tasty budget friendly meal you have to make! To make this keto friendly use an Keto Italian dressing. You can cook Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Prepare of For the chicken:.
- Prepare 3 lbs of bone-in, skin-on chicken drums and/or thighs, scored twice on the skin side, down to the bone, about 2"long and 1" apart.
- You need 1/3 cup of Italian dressing (well shaken) + 1 teaspoon garlic salt mixed in a small bowl.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated dry cheese (like Parmesan, Asiago, Manchego, etc…).
- You need of For the fresh tomato sauce:.
- It’s 2 of baskets grape or cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups).
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of dried Italian herbs OR 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (if needed to round out the acid in the dressing).
An easy italian dressing chicken recipe that you can prepare a number of different ways. Blackstone griddle, cast iron skillet, in a pan, or in the oven. Easy Italian Dressing Grilled ChickenForeman Grill Recipes. Italian dressing, boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken and dressing mixture and toss gently several times to coat the chicken thoroughly. Take some of the run off dressing mixture and work it into each score. Let the chicken sit while you're preparing the tomato sauce components..
- In your roasting pan, add all the tomato sauce components and give them a few good stirs to evenly distribute all the ingredients and seasonings..
- Lay your chicken skin side up atop the tomato mixture, leaving a little space between the pieces. Make sure to put any leftover marinade into the pan, too..
- Pop the pan into the middle rack of the oven, turn it up to 425F, set the timer for 60 minutes, and sometime in the next 60 minutes, boil whatever pasta you'd like to have with your tomato sauce, drain, toss it with a teaspoon or so of olive oil so it won't stick, and set it aside. I'm a big fan of the cold, shallow water method..
- After 60 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese in equal portions atop the chicken pieces, and put it back on the top rack of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. (Check at the 10 minute mark to see if it's done to your liking or if it could use just a few more minutes in the oven.).
- I like to put the chicken on its own platter and serve the pasta on the side and just spoon the tomato sauce, broth and all, over the pasta..
Easy Italian Dressing Grilled ChickenCook Eat Paleo. Italian Seasoning Roast Chicken Ready for the oven. That seasoning on the Roasted Chicken is mouth. Our master roasted-chicken recipe combines dried Mediterranean herbs and garlic. For a change of pace, try our just-as-simple Lemon-Pepper or Moroccan variations.