【Chawan-Mushi】Non-sweet steamed egg custard. Japanese steamed egg custard served in a cup, ingredients include chicken, ginkgo nut, fish You can expect a delicate yet complex flavor from a good cup of Chawanmushi. There is a balance of sweetness and saltiness from. It is a type of egg custard, but not sweet.
When you eat Chawanmushi at home, it is more like one of the side dishes rather than an. Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of fillings. Cut the Ingredients Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces. You can have 【Chawan-Mushi】Non-sweet steamed egg custard using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 【Chawan-Mushi】Non-sweet steamed egg custard
- You need 2 of Eggs (100cc).
- It’s 300 cc of Dashi soup.
- You need 2 g of Salt.
- It’s 8 cc of Light soy sauce.
Chawanmushi is an egg custard dish found in Japan. Unlike many other custards, it is usually eaten as a dish in a meal, as chawanmushi contains savory rather than sweet ingredients. Chawanmushi is a Japanese hot appetizer. It is a type of egg custard steamed in a cup, but it is not sweet.
【Chawan-Mushi】Non-sweet steamed egg custard instructions
- Prepare Dashi soup by Kombu seaweed and Bonito flakes. If you don’t mind that you can use other soup stock (o^^o).
- Crack 2 eggs(100cc) into a bowl then mix well. Add cold Dashi stock(3 times eggs) and mix well..
- Add salt and soy sauce and mix well. Prepare your favourite ingredients: like spinach, mushroom, shrimp and chicken.
- Place your ingredients into a cocotte then pour egg liquid. The bubble on the surface can get off by a burner. Cover it with aluminum foil..
- Pour water until 1/3 of pan and place a cloth on the bottom. When it’s boiled place the cocotte on a cloth and cover the pan then steam for 3 minutes..
- 3 minutes later, put a chop stick between pan and cover for keeping 80℃ then steam for 10 minutes more..
- It’s done !! Decorate anything you want. Leaf, fish egg, vegetable etc..
- I have made a lot of video as 【Coozy Life】on YouTube. Please check it out and follow me (o^^o).
You might find it at sushi restaurants or slightly more formal Japanese restaurants in Japan. Sweet custard is commonly made with just egg, cream or milk and sugar. But chawanmushi consists of savoury egg mixture The word "chawanmushi" (茶碗蒸し) literally translates to steamed tea cup. As such, the egg mixture is poured into a tea cup. This recipe is for enjoying the texture of eggs at the most tendermost but easiest level.