Sambal Poached Eggs | Sambal Telur Pecah. Sambal telur or egg sambal is a delicious Malaysian recipe. Sambal—precisely cooked sambal—is a notably versatile and robust component in traditional Malaysian cooking. Process the sambal ingredients until smooth in.
In Indonesia, there are literally hundreds of different varieties of sambal, and even more when you take. This is a easy egg preparation that is cooked in a simple sambal paste. This is one of the simple Malaysian style egg. You can cook Sambal Poached Eggs | Sambal Telur Pecah using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sambal Poached Eggs | Sambal Telur Pecah
- You need of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Sauteing.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Onion Finely Minced,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- It’s Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- It’s of @chillibellasg's Sambal / Any Sambal / Thai Red Chili Paste, 2 Heaped TBSP.
- You need of (Adjust To Preference).
- It’s 235 g of Chicken Stock,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Tomato Puree,.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Coconut Sugar,.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs,.
- You need of Scallions Finely Chopped, For Garnishing.
- You need Pinch of Matcha Salt,.
- It’s of Homemade Pita, 2 (Optional).
This is no ordinary sambal tumis telur. Most Malaysians boil or fry the eggs before adding them to the sauce. However, the beauty of this recipe is that the eggs are cooked in the chile sambal itself, to give them extra flavor. Deep-frying the eggs give better flavour and texture, but it's entirely optional.
Sambal Poached Eggs | Sambal Telur Pecah instructions
- You can visit my previous recipe for the homemade pita or visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/greek-pita.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until slightly caramelized. Add in the garlic. Saute until aromatic..
- Add in the sambal. Saute until well combined. Add in 1/3 of the chicken stock and deglaze. Add in the tomato puree and sugar. Saute until well combined. Taste & adjust for seasonings with sugar, salt and pepper..
- Add in the rest of the chicken stock. Turn the heat down to low. *You can crack the eggs directly onto the sauce. But I crack the eggs individually into a cup and slide them in. This to prevent any mishaps of rotten eggs or broken shells.* Continue cooking until the egg whites are set. If you desire a hard-boiled yolk, cook it longer..
- Remove from heat. Garnish with scallions. Lightly season the egg with matcha salt. *To make matcha salt, blitz 1 TBSP of Maldon sea salt and 1 TSP of matcha powder until powdery in a spice grinder.* Serve immediately with some homemade pita bread..
You can skip this step for healthier choice or if you are busy. When the onions are cooked, return the eggs back to the pan, coating them evenly in the sambal sauce before serving. Remember my obsessions with hard boiled eggs? Sambal Terasi is so easy to make at home, and a 'must-know' recipe for the budding home cook! With a few simple ingredients, you will never have to rely on Sambal Terasi is one of the most commonly eaten varieties in Indonesia that is quick and easy to make, plus it tastes even more divine when it is.