Baked rotini with meat sauce. A tomato-based ground beef and sausage meat sauce, baked with rotini pasta and a mix of Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle on half the cheese mix and repeat. Diced tomatoes with green chiles add heat to ordinary pasta sauce.
Made a big Italian meal with the tomato gravy (sauce) that my good friend, Bill Garman, sent me. Baked Italian Sausage Rotini is a savory, cheesy, and a little spicy. It is an easy dinner and can be frozen and reheated later. You can have Baked rotini with meat sauce using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked rotini with meat sauce
- Prepare 2 cup of rotini noodles.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of green pepper.
- You need 1/2 medium of yellow pepper.
- It’s 1/4 medium of yellow onion.
- You need 1 can of pasta sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar.
I want to try your baked Italian sausage Rotini and I need to know what cheese to use instead of canned spaghetti sauce with cheese I cannot eat that..in many saucy, cheesy pasta bakes like this baked rigatoni with meat sauce. View top rated Rotini and meat sauce bake recipes with ratings and reviews. Drain and add the meat sauce. For those familiar with Greek cooking, it tastes very much like pastitsou without the beschemel sauce topping.
Baked rotini with meat sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground beef.
- Boil water and add rotini. Cook for 9 minutes..
- Drain beef and add spices.
- Finely chop the veggies and add to beef.
- Drain pasta and add to beef mixture.
- Put mixture into a baking dish 9×11.
- Put cheese on top.
- Put pasta sauce on top and cover noodles.
- Add one more handful of cheese on top.
- Put in oven for 20 minutes.
I love this dish and will be making it again! Remove the sauce from the heat and add in the thawed spinach and artichokes. How to make pasta with minced meat and tomato sauce: Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package (let the water boil on the high heat, add rotini and wait water to reboil; then reduce heat to low-medium and let pasta cook until al dente condition; do not forget to stir occasionally). Instead of purchasing meat sauce, add fresh ground meat to your favorite traditional marinara sauce. It makes for a wonderful pasta dinner.