Delicious Braised Fish with Shiitake Powder.
You can have Delicious Braised Fish with Shiitake Powder using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Delicious Braised Fish with Shiitake Powder
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Shiitake powder.
- Prepare 200 ml of water.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of Mentsuyu (Japanese noodle soup base thickened by 2 folds).
- You need 2 Tbsp of sugar (or to taste).
- You need 2 to 4 pieces of white flesh fish (cod, flounder, or others).
- It’s 15 g of ginger (julienned).
- You need As needed of Carrot (garnish).
- Prepare As needed of Spinach (garnish).
- It’s As needed of White thin leek strips (garnish).
Delicious Braised Fish with Shiitake Powder instructions
- Insert water, Shiitake powder, sugar, and Mentsuyu into a pot and bring it to a boil..
- Once boiling, turn down to medium heat, add the fish and ginger, put on the lid, and let it boil for 10 minutes..
- Use a ladle to pour the braising liquid over the fish to coat it. Braise until the liquid is sufficiently reduced and it's done..
- Garnish: Slice the carrot thinly and use a flower-shaped cutter to cut it. Insert the carrot in cold water and heat up. Take out the carrot once it boils..
- For the spinach, boil the stems for 15 seconds before adding in the rest. Boil for another 45 seconds, then take out, drain, let it cool, and cut..