Red curry fish.
You can have Red curry fish using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red curry fish
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized knob of ginger, minced.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of carrot, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 2 of fillets haddock, cod or basa, cut into 2 inch chunks.
- It’s 1 of eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch thick half-moons.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- It’s of Cilantro for garnish.
Red curry fish step by step
- Add a good splash of peanut oil to a pan on medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic and shallot and fry 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant..
- Stir in the curry paste and continue frying another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add the fish sauce. Continue cooking for a minute, then add the coconut milk and carrots..
- Simmer until the sauce reduces a bit (about 5 minutes), then add the maple syrup. Carefully lay in the fish and add the eggplant. Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes until the fish is cooked and the eggplant is soft but not mushy. Carefully turn the fish over about halfway through..
- Cut the lime into quarters. Squeeze one quarter over the fish and sauce. Cut the remaining quarters into wedges. Serve the curry over rice with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro and a lime wedge..