Steamed fish. # Steaming fish fillet instead Instead of steaming the whole fish, you may steam fish fillet which will work the same. I enjoy steaming thick cod fillet which would work well with all steamed fish recipes. I love Chinese-style steamed fish-fresh-from-the-tank live fish steamed with soy sauce and topped with shredded ginger, scallions, and cilantro leaves.
That is why my family is dedicated gastronomes of Chinese steamed fish. We can set out to a gourmet trip to fishing villages. Cantonese steamed fish is a traditional and simple recipe often served as one of the final courses in a traditional wedding banquet. You can cook Steamed fish using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed fish
- It’s of a.
- Prepare 1-2 of fish – cleaned.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of – Sesame oil (or as needed).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chicken seasoning powder or Salt (or as needed).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Julliened ginger – into fish cavity.
- It’s As needed of – Scallions cut long.
- It’s of B. Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of light Soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chinese rice Wine/shaoxing wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s Pinch of sugar.
- It’s Pinch of chicken seasoning powder (opt).
- Prepare of c.
- It’s 1/2 C of (or as needed) julliened Scallion – white & green part.
- You need 1/2 C of thinly julliened ginger.
- It’s 1/3 C of cooking oil.
It's also a weeknight staple and one of the most delicious ways to eat fish! Steamed fish with ginger & spring onion. Take an Asian approach to low-fat cooking – steam fish Chinese Steamed Fish with Soy Sesame Sauce Recipe Video. This is a classic preparation for.
Steamed fish instructions
- Dry fish completely and prepare All Ingredients before steaming..
- A – Rub fish with chicken seasoning powder or salt & sesame oil. Stuff ginger into fish cavity. Place cut scallion/green onion on the steaming plate before putting the fish. It holds the fish so it wont stick to the plate and allow the steam to circulate the underside of the fish. Alternatively, chopstick can also be used for this purpose instead of scallions. Once cooked, discard all excess liquid and scallions from the steaming (A MUST). Transfer fish to a larger plate for final garnishing..
- Note: The fish is cooked when the flesh flakes easily. Avoid over cooking the fish as its flesh would turn hard and dry..
- B – prepare B. Mix until sugar dissolved. Set aside. Alternatively, this sauce can also be replaced with store-bought 'Seasoned Soy Sauce' from any Asian shop..
- C – Julliene scallions. Scatter over cooked fish. Then, heat oil in a wok or sauce pan until it’s hot and add finely julliened ginger. Stir until fragrant & ginger is looking crispy. Immediately, drizzle this hot oil and ginger directly onto scallions/fish. Then immediately drizzle B or seasoned soy sauce onto the fish. Serve immediately. Steamed fish is best eaten when it's still hot..
Steamed fish is an easy, healthy dish that works well on any dinner table. By starting out with your favorite fish fillets, or even a cleaned and scaled whole fish, and the. Chinese steamed fish: There are so many ways to cook a whole fish. Steamed whole fish not only is simple and easy, but also tasty if you know how to cook them right! Steamed fish is a mainstay on most Hong Kong families' dining tables.