Southern style fried chicken legs.
You can cook Southern style fried chicken legs using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern style fried chicken legs
- It’s 4-5 of chicken legs, washed.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Southern style fried chicken legs instructions
- Mix dry ingredients in a ziploc bag, it’s easiest for coating this way. Beat eggs and buttermilk in a bowl..
- Put oil in a pan and heat to 350.
- Dip chicken in flour and spice mixture then buttermilk egg mix then back in flour spice mixture. Immediately place in hot frying pan and fry about 10-12 minutes per side on medium heat until crispy and brown. Great plain or you can toss in bbq or hot sauce. Pairs great with Mac and cheese, green beans, corn, coleslaw, potato salad, potato wedges, salad or mashed potatoes and gravy..