Grilled Salmon & Watercress Mazegohan.
You can cook Grilled Salmon & Watercress Mazegohan using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Salmon & Watercress Mazegohan
- Prepare 2 cups of Japanese Short Grain Rice *180ml cup.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 400 ml of Dashi Stock *about.
- You need 200-300 g of Salmon Fillets *OR 2 slices, bones removed.
- Prepare 1/2-1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Watercress *140 to 150g.
- Prepare of Toasted Sesame Seeds or Nori for topping *optional.
Grilled Salmon & Watercress Mazegohan step by step
- Sprinkle a generous amount of Salt over the salmon’s flesh side. I used 1 teaspoon Salt for 280g Salmon. Cover and rest in the fridge over night. Grill or pan-fry until cooked through. Crispy skin can be added to the dish if you like it, or just remove it..
- Wash Rice by stirring it thoroughly in water with your hand and drain the water. Repeat this a few more times until water flows through clear..
- Drain the rice and put it into the rice cooker’s inner pot. Add the Dashi Stock, 1/4 teaspoon Salt and Sake. Add more Water if needed to make the liquid up to the 2-cups-marking..
- Press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking. When the rice is cooked, let it steamed for 10 minutes..
- Wash Watercress, pick sprigs and thin stems, cut coarsely. Save thick stems for other dishes..
- Add grilled Salmon and Watercress to the rice, mix gently to combine..
- Sprinkle some Toasted Sesame Seeds or Nori on top, drizzle small amount of Soy Sauce and enjoy..