Cream of Chicken (soup/sauce). Growing up, I was "deprived" of canned soup. And such is the case when you're a kid that you always want what you can't have. "This cream of chicken soup recipe is very straight forward. Thick, creamy, and it tastes real.
Not to burst a bubble, but this is a classic white sauce, albeit flavored. Cream Of Chicken Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Learn how to make condensed cream of chicken soup homemade!! You can cook Cream of Chicken (soup/sauce) using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Chicken (soup/sauce)
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt/ pepper or to taste.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of poultry seasoning or to taste.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of corn starch (or as needed to thick).
- Prepare of Opt small chunks of chicken.
It is super easy, customizable, delicious, and made with natural ingredients. Of course, the main reason that most families had (and still have) condensed soups sitting in their pantry is to use them for the other staple of my childhood. Chicken: Over two hundred recipes devoted to one glorious bird by Catherine Phipps. When I think of cream of chicken soup, I'm reminded of the Campbell's condensed version my mom served us growing up.
Cream of Chicken (soup/sauce) step by step
- Whisk stock milk and corn starch together and sauce pan until corn starch is dissolved.
- Add seasonings and mix cook over medium high heat until bubbling reduced to low until thick.
This is a great recipe to use up leftover roasted chicken that you may have in your refrigerator. Take the meat off the bones and use the carcass to make homemade chicken stock. Keyword cream condensed soup substitute, homemade cream condensed soup. Add the chicken broth and milk, and whisk together to smooth out the lumps. Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup – rich, creamy, thick and completely made from scratch soup.