Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe and South Africa. Pepper Steak and Mushroom Meat Pie Recipe.
From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies! A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. English meat pies are beloved all over the world! You can have Meat pie using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- You need of All purpose flour 4 cps.
- Prepare of Butter 2 tbl spns.
- You need of Baking powder 1/2 tspn.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Water.
English pasties, or beef patties), are meat-filled turnovers. This tasty treat is said to originate from Cornwall, England. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one!
Meat pie step by step
- Add all the dried ingredients together in a clean container.
- Add butter,egg and water to the dried ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients together to make the dou.
- Keep the dou aside to rest.
- Put the minced meat.
- Add onions, pepper,salt, seasoning and oil to the minced meat.
- Fry the meat for 5 to 10 minutes to make the fill in.
- Cut a little dou an use rolling pin to smooth it,add the filling,fold it and use fork or meat pie cutter to smooth the edges.
- Then fry.
See more ideas about meat pie, recipes, cooking recipes. We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. Makes these delicious meat pies using a pie maker! Easy pie maker recipe with step-by-step photos.