Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies! ВОСПРОИЗВЕСТИ ВСЕ.
Go retro with the Hairy Bikers' Corned beef pie, spoil yourself with a luxurious steak and ale pie, or keep it seasonal with. This meat pie is a winner every Easter. Stuffed full of ham, salami, and prosciutto, as well as ricotta. You can cook Meat pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- You need of For the dough.
- It’s 250 g of butter.
- It’s 500 g of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cold water.
- You need 1/2 of tspn baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of For the filling.
- Prepare 1 of big carrot.
- Prepare 300 g of Mincedmeat.
- You need 1 of knorr cube.
- You need 1 of irish potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbspn of Floor.
- It’s of Curry 1/2tspn.
- It’s of Thyme 1tspn.
- Prepare 1/2 of tspn garlic powder.
- Prepare 11/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of cooking spoon oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! English meat pies are beloved all over the world! English pasties, or beef patties), are meat-filled turnovers.
Meat pie instructions
- Sift ur floor,pinch of salt,baking powder mix together and add ur butter,mix well to get a breadcrumb like texture.
- Add ur cold water bit by bit n kneed well to get a smooth dough.cover using a clingfilm and keep in a fridge for 30min..
- For the fillings,pour ur oil in a pan,add ur onion n fry for 30sec,add ur minced meat stir thoroughly well done,add ur chopped potato,carrot and stir well,add a cup of water and all other ingredients, stir well and cook till ur veges r tender..
- Mix ur2 tnspn full of floor in 1/2cup of water till smooth (without lumps)and pour into ur fillings mixture stirring well till u get a creamy consistency.turn off heat n allow the residual heat to simmer it. Allow to cool off completely.
- Get ur dough n remove from d cling or polythene bag(i.e if u don't have cling film) and kneed well..
- Get ur dough,roll out using a rolling pin,cut using a circular lid (I used a round rubber plate), place on a meatpie cutter (if u have) scoop in a spoon full of ur filling n cover. (NOTE)If u don't have a meat pie cutter,cover n use a fork to get that edge of pies..
- Glaze ur pies with ur whisked egg using a glazing brush, arrange in a baking try and bake in a preheated oven for 30-40min. Insert a tooth pic,when it comes out dry, it's done.Enjoy.
This tasty treat is said to originate from Cornwall, England. We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. See more ideas about meat pie, recipes, cooking recipes. Australian Meat Pie, an Aussie iconic food in Australia that has a short crust with filling.