Shepherd’s Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. You can cook Shepherd’s Pie using 12 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd’s Pie
- Prepare 500 Grams of Minced Lamb.
- You need 4 of Medium Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Medium Onion (Finely Chopped).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Peas (Frozen/Thawed).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 of Tsp/As per taste Salt (Divided).
- It’s 2 of Tsp/As per taste Black Pepper Powder (Divided).
- You need 1 Tsp of Paprika Or Red Chili Powder.
- You need 3 Teaspoons of Garlic Powder (Divided).
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg Powder.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Shepherd’s Pie instructions
- To cook the Potatoes in the Microwave Oven: Wash the Potatoes thoroughly. Prick them with a fork all around at least 6 times to avoid explosion. Note: If using new Potatoes, peel off one thin strip. *Do not peel off all the skin..
- Place a paper towel on the Turntable. Now, place the Potatoes on top of the paper towel on the edges at least 2.5 cm/1 inch apart. *Do not cover. Note: Do not place the Potatoes in the middle of the turntable. The results may not be the same..
- Select Power Level 8 (P8) & Set the Timer at 7 minutes. When done, let stand in the Microwave Oven for 5 minutes..
- Take the Potatoes out. Let them cool down. Peel & mash the Potatoes with the help is a Potato Masher..
- Heat the Milk along with the Butter for 40 seconds in the Microwave Oven on normal power level..
- Add a Teaspoon each of Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder, Milk & Butter. Stir well. Adjust seasoning. Set aside covered..
- To cook the Meat in the Microwave Oven: Wash and drain the Meat properly in a colander. Shake off the excess water. Leave it in the colander for a while. No water should remain..
- Place it in a 2 Qt/Large Microwave Safe rectangular glass/ceramic dish. Cover with Microwave Safe Lid or vented Plastic Wrap..
- Place it in the Microwave Oven. Cook on medium power (P6) for 7 minutes. Take it out. The Minced Meat will be clumped up at this stage & would have released some juices. Stir with a fork to blend it well..
- To assemble the Shepherd’s Pie: Add the thawed Peas, chopped Onions, Worcestershire Sauce, the remaining Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder & finally, the Nutmeg Powder to the cooked meat. Stir well..
- Now, spoon the Mashed Potatoes evenly on top of the Meat. You may make a pattern on the Potatoes with the help of a fork if you wish to..
- Bake in a preheated Oven at 400 Degrees F for about 30 minutes or until the top layer of mashed potatoes turn golden brown..
- Alternatively, you may cook covered in the Microwave Oven for 16-18 minutes on medium power (P6)..
- Cut into 4-6 equal portions. Scoop out from the bottom to keep the layers intact..
- Serve hot with Garlic Toast, baked with grated Cheese on top. It’s super delicious!.
- Note 1: I buy boneless Meat & mince it at home in the meat Grinder. If you intend doing the same, wash the Meat thoroughly. Shake off the water. Freeze for about 30 minutes before you grind. Mince it using the fine disk. *Partially frozen Meat is easier to mince/grind..
- Note 2: Cooking Time depends upon the Cooking Power/Wattage of the Microwave Oven – Mine is 1200 Watts..
Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. This Traditional Shepherd's Pie is a British comfort food classic loved by all.