Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. Shepherd's pie – perfect comfort food for cold winter days. Follw this recipe to learn how to make perfect shepherd's pie. You can have Shepherd's Pie using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 1.5 kg of minced beef.
- It’s of Seasonings and spices: ginger powder,oregano,rosemary,maggi,salt.
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Chopped peppers and onions.
- You need of Tomato paste.
- It’s of Mixed veggies:carrots,greenbeans,peas,sweet corn,greenpepper,etc.
- You need 3 teaspoons of flour and water.
- You need of Grated cheese.
- Prepare of Parsley.
- It’s of Unsalted butter.
- It’s of Milk.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Wash, strain and put the meat on medium heat.
- Add seasonings and spices. Don't add water or oil..
- Allow to simmer, then add chopped peppers and onions..
- Add little tomato paste.
- Add your mixed vegetables, cover and allow to simmer on medium heat..
- To enhance it and make it a bit sticky, add a mixture of water and flour..
- Peel, wash and dice your potatoes..
- Boil until very soft..
- Mash the potatoes with unsalted butter..
- Add a little milk..
- Grate any cheese of your choice and fold into the mashed potatoes (it should look fluffy). You can also add chopped parsley..
- Layer the minced meat in your casserole dish..
- Top with the mashed potatoes and spread evenly with a spatula..
- Then use a fork to make intricate patterns if you wish..
- Bake at 450F/220°C for about 20 minutes or until golden brown..
Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Patty's Day celebrations, shepherd's pie is full of distinctly Irish ingredients. Traditional Shepherds Pie Recipe and Video Tutoral. this shepherds pie is AMAZING – the meat mixture is full of flavor and the mashed potatoes are creamy and cheesy – recipe AND video tutorial.