Thai Beef Salad.
You can have Thai Beef Salad using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Beef Salad
- It’s 1 piece of rump steak.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare of Good sprinkling of black pepper.
- Prepare of Chilli flakes a sprinkling depends on how hot you like it.
- Prepare of For the salad.
- You need of Baby gem lettuce finely shredded.
- Prepare Handful of cherry tomatoes quartered.
- It’s of Celery stick sliced, keep the leaves for garnish.
- Prepare Handful of bean sprouts.
- It’s Half of a cucumber sliced seeds removed.
- You need 1 of red onion finely sliced.
- Prepare 3 of spring onions sliced.
- Prepare Handful of cooked noodles.
- Prepare Handful of chopped fresh coriander.
- You need of The Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s of Juice of a large lemon or preferably a lime.
- Prepare of Chilli flakes to your taste.
- It’s of Fresh Birdseye chillis sliced finely to your taste.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic finely diced.
- It’s of Large splash of fish sauce.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of grounded toasted rice, optional (2 tbsp of jasmine rice toasted on the pan until golden brown then blend it in the herb grinder).
- It’s of Optional tsp of chilli jam.
Thai Beef Salad instructions
- First of all prepare the steak, rub on the fish sauce, chilli flakes a oil! Leave to marinate, it can be left over night for an even better flavour..
- Whilst the steak is marinating, chop up all the salad veggies, warm through some noodles in hot water, being careful not to over cook them, then drain and leave to cook. Put all the salad into a large bowl, then add the noodles once there cooled..
- Make the sauce, squeeze the lemon or lime into a bowl, add fresh chilli and dried chilli flakes, garlic, chilli jam, sugar and fish sauce! Give it a good stir so the sugar dissolves! If you have the ground rice put in a heaped tea spoon! If you can add the rice as it gives it a lovely nutty flavour..
- Literally it’s time to assemble! Add a few teaspoons of the sauce to the salad, mix in well so it coats all the ingredients! Now place into bowls!.
- Now heat a griddle on a high heat! Throw on the steak searing well on each side, depending on how you like your steak cooked! Lift out let it rest, then slice and place the sliced beef onto the salad, then spoon over some more sauce, and garnish!! Tuck in and enjoy 😊.