Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe and South Africa. Nothing warms you up like a rich pie, loaded with meat, vegetables and gravy.
From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies! A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. You can have Meat pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Onion Medium.
- You need of Thyme.
- You need of Curry Powder.
- Prepare of Stock Cubes.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Potatoes diced.
- It’s of Carrots diced.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Beef.
- Prepare of Butter 1/2 Tbsp Sugar 1/4 Tsp Salt 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder 6 Tbsp Water 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg 4 Cups Wheat flour.
Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! English meat pies are beloved all over the world! English pasties, or beef patties), are meat-filled turnovers. This tasty treat is said to originate from Cornwall, England.
Meat pie step by step
- In a large pan, preheat the Oil then add the diced Onion. Stir-fry till the Onions becomes translucent and limp..
- Add the pepper to give it some heat and aroma then you stir-fry for a few seconds. Then add the ground beef. Try to break the meat apart as you don’t want clumps forming in the filling..
- Once the beef is well browned, add your spices and the diced potatoes plus enough water to cook the potatoes till it becomes tender..
- Stir in the diced Carrot and cook again for another 5 minutes. Add the cornstarch and water mixture to slightly thicken up the filling and leave to simmer for about 2-3 minutes..
- Take it off the heat and let it cool down while you prepare the pastry dough..
We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. See more ideas about meat pie, recipes, cooking recipes. Find meat pie stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day.