Harusame (Japanese Vermicelli) Salad. Vermicelli Salad is one of the salads that are always sold at 'depachika' (デパ地下) – the food markets on the underground level of Japanese department In Japan, dried vermicelli is called 'harusame' (春雨), which literally means spring rain. The name came from the appearance of very thin dried. Japanese Glass Noodle Salad (Harusame Salad) is light, refreshing, low calorie and so flavorful with a savory and tangy sesame soy vinaigrette.
Harusame Salad is a salad with dried bean (or potato) threads called Harusame and vegetables. This cold and smooth textured noodle dish is a great side dish any time, but especially good during hot summer days. The dressing is flavored with sesame oil and it tastes like a Chinese style salad. You can cook Harusame (Japanese Vermicelli) Salad using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Harusame (Japanese Vermicelli) Salad
- You need of Harusame Noodles.
- It’s of Cucumber.
- You need of Carrot.
- It’s of Ham.
- You need of Eggs *Make Thin Egg Omelette.
- Prepare of <Dressing Ingredients>.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare of Roasted Sesame Seeds.
- You need of Mustard *Optional.
Harusame are dried starch noodles that are commonly used in Japanese salads, soups and hot pot dishes. This recipe is often prepared during warm summer months because it is refreshing and eaten cold, but it can be enjoyed any time of year. This Asian vermicelli salad with crushed peanuts is pretty much what we've been living on for the entire summer. PS: If you make my Asian vermicelli salad, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use the #lazycatkitchen hashtag. (A) Japanese mustard. to taste.
Harusame (Japanese Vermicelli) Salad step by step
- Cook Harusame Noodles as instructed. Basically cook in boiling water until turns transparent. Rinse in cold water and drain well..
- Cut Cucumber, Carrot and Ham into thin strips..
- Make thin Egg Omelette and cut them into thin strips..
- Combine all the Dressing Ingredients in a bowl and mix well..
- Place everything in a large mixing bowl, add the Dressing and mix well..
It is simple and fast to make and can be a main dish. I think harusame salads are made with vermicelli noodles, either sweet potato or mung bean ones. The top countries of supplier is China, from which. Order online from Harusame Japanese Cuisine on MenuPages. Stir fry Japanese thin noodles with white meat chicken and vegetables.